Saturday, March 21, 2015

IT'S HARD BEING GREEN- USE YOUR STASH-MARCH

Happy Belated St. Patrick's Day! This month on the Use your Stash Blog hop we are featuring the Color Green. I also have the honor of being the leader this month. We have 12 fabulous ladies participating for the month of March, Each month of the year we have a specific theme that we focus on. Our players vary each month also. This is a fun way to use your stash and think about what we have just laying around waiting to be used. As a paper hoarder these bloghops have really helped me to focus and bring out the oldies but goodies. I love seeing what everyone comes up with each month on the Use your stash Bloghops.

Now remember the bloghop goes in a big GREEN circle so if you get lost along the way come back to my blog to see the complete list of players. And while you are visiting each blog leave a little loving at each one please.

Here is a list of all our players

                                                                    3. Paige Dolecki

This month for my hop I decided to make a spinner card for my two youngest grandsons who just celebrated matching birthdays. They were born two years apart but on the same day. The oldest is three and the youngest one turned one. I wish the stamp said "lucky me" and not "lucky you" because those two boys are so sweet and lovable. I wanted them to know that they are my pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. I would rather have these to boys in my life than  a pot full of gold.

I found a tutorial on YouTube under spinner cards. I love this card and I thought the boys would enjoy watching it spin and spin around. They are really easy to make.

I dug in to my stash of CTMH cardstock and pulled out a sheet of Key Lime CS (1235) and made an A2 card. I cut a piece of Glitter Paper from the Green assortment (Z1847). I used stamp set Lucky You (B1300) and stamp set Seasonal Thoughts (C1222). I stamped with Black Archival Ink (44751) and Clover Meadow Ink (Z2113). I colored my Leprechaun  and the pot of gold with ShinHan markers......Vivid Green (G46), Barely Beige (YR29), Pastel Green )Y49), Cerulean BlueLight (B262) and finally Peony Purple (P282) were the colors that I used.  I highlighted the gold coins with aa Gold Gelly Roll pen.



This was such a fun card to make and I hope that my Grandsons enjoy their St.Patrick's day card.

Now head on over to  Sheila Bennett's blog  and check out how green her blog is. Thank you every one for visiting my blog. Be sure to check out all the blogs and leave some love at each one,

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

9 comments:

Shirley Ross, rockin' heARTist said...

Oh too cute Theresa!

Casandra Bennett said...

Such a fun card! He's a cute little Leprechaun!

Anonymous said...

Cute! I would love to see the leprechaun dance!

PaigeDolecki said...

What and absolutely fun and awesome card! I still haven't done a penny slider yet do thanks for the inspiration!

Chasn Paper said...

Very cute! I haven't done a slider in a long time. Thanks for the inspiration!

NJ Stamping Queen said...

Such a cute card--inside and out! Great job of coloring too. Your card is so much fun!
:) Marie

Heather Jane said...

I love the way you did the pot of gold! It's so happy looking! :)

Michelle said...

What a great spinner card! I know your grandsons loved it?

Sheila Bennett said...

Fun card! The spinning leprechaun is very creative.