Friday, March 21, 2014

CTMH USE YOUR STASH BLOGHOP MARCH 2014

Hello everyone, this month we are featuring use up those older brads/eyelets/durable studs/any metal that we have on hand. You should be coming from Janet McCormick's blog wasn't her use of her stash fantastic. This blog hop makes a full circle so if you get lost along the way head Joy McHargue's blog to see the entire list of hoppers.

I choose to do layout of my newest grandson Bryce Geoffery Morrow. He was born on March 14, 2014 which also happens to be his big brother Copper's birthday. No brother could ask for a better present. Cooper has been working hard at saying Bryce's name but he really just says Baby, baby a lot. He can say Bryce's name when he wants to. They are born two years apart.

I took this photo at the hospital a day after the baby was born. Matt,my son is the father, then there is Cooper just looking in awe at his new brother and then there is Bryce looking up to his big brother. This was not a staged setting it just worked out perfect. You can see the love in all their faces.

I used My reflections Babycakes X7173B paper pack for my base. I used the stripease that also came on top of the paper.
I used the Mini Melody Antiqued Copper Assortment photo corners on this photo.
I used the Bitty Brad Assortment for the rocking horses eye. I cut this horse out with my Brother Scan and Cut. This was one of the built in SVG cuts.
I used the Basic Brad Assortment in chocolate Z1218 for the periods after Bryce's name.
Then last but no least I used a tag from the Picture my Life Balloon Ride Z1948. It say "LIFE is the greatest adventure" I thought this was perfect because their life has just begun and it will be an adventure for them all.
I also used X5643 Chocolate CS and X5930 Slate CS and I inked the edges in Chocolate ink Z2111.
Thanks everyone for looking and now head on over to Judy Faye's blog and see how she just her stash of metals. TFL!
 
 
 

5 comments:

Shirley Ross, rockin' heARTist said...

oh my, I am not sure what I like best, the use of a brad for the ponies eye or the mixing of Picture My Life cards with the layout! Great job!

Anonymous said...

This is just so darned cute! Love the pony and how you used the cards! Great job!

Casandra Bennett said...

This is so sweet and precious. I have been hoarding those metals that you used. I love anything antique copper. I think this was the perfect photo to incorporate your metals into. Great job!

Wendy K. said...

What a sweet photo! The brads are a nice touch of embellishing.

Tina Campbell said...

Beautiful layout, just love that picture (I have one to scrap like that myself) Great to see inspiration for it.