Friday, May 23, 2014

Cricut Explore

Well I jumped on the Cricut Explore bandwagon and broke down and bought one only a month after I had bought the Brother Scan and Cut. Both machines have awesome features and they each have features that the other one doesn't. I plan on using both of them to enhance my card making and scrapbook layouts. Like all crafters out there I have tons of material that I need to use up.

I have been watching tons of YouTube videos on how to use both machines. I found Debbie O'Neal's blog http://www.scrapmequickdesigns.com and she has some very good tutorials on there. So after making the one card that the Explore wants us to make after we open our box I decided to try this card. I was very disappointed that my pen that came in the box was almost already dry. REALLY....I have only had the machine for two days!!! 

Here is the card that I decided to make as my second cut on the Explore.


Here is Debbie's video on how to create this card. She even provided a couple of SVG's to download.

After I cut my card out and used the dried up pen for the writing feature I went back and outlined the letters in the word HAPPY with my Pentel Slicci gold pen. Of course it does not look as good as it would have had my pen not been dried out. I then sprayed the entire card with Radiant Rain shimmering mist in Ice color (29044). I added washi tape at the bottom and white paper on the inside to highlight the shadow cut outs. Oh and since the pen did not show up I went back and cut the letters for the word Birthday. Not quite how Debbie's card came out but pretty close.

Go check out Debbie O'Neal's blog and try to make this card. I know if I can make it then anyone can. TFL!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello! Lisa from Cricut here. We are so sorry to hear about your pen frustrations. We would love to send you a new one. Will you please send an email to support@cricut.com attn: Lisa with your name and address? Please reference Tmorrows Treasures blog. I will send a new pen set right out to you. Thanks for chossing Cricut. Lisa