Thursday, March 31, 2011

Look what I made with my SCAL




I have been wanting to make some paper cones for the longest so I used my trusty SCAL and welded some triangles and circles and a trapazoid together and this is what I got. I am so proud of myself for doing this all on my own without help from Pam Thorn the queen of SCAL. This ended up being 7 inches long and you can fill it with lots of goodies.  I used CTHM textured paper and used an EKSuccess border punch for the edge. I kept rolling the punched paper in my hands to break up the fibers and then I wet the paper to soften it up and then I glued it to the edge. Wetting it makes it look like fabric when it dries and it is easier to manipulate in a curved position. I used brown bag ink to ink all the edges and I used the stamp set D1361 Thank you. TFL!

2 comments:

Joy said...

like the cones, Madonna!

Rebecca Sorge said...

Terry,
That is so cute! Love it. Can i have the scal file you created to make this? my daughters best friend is getting married in sep. and we may be able to use these somehow.